SOLD OUT SMPS Chicago Marketing Bootcamp
Tue October 22 - Tue November 12 · 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM · Henricksen
Henricksen 328 South Jefferson, Suite 950 Chicago, IL
A four-program series of workshops that will provide Marketing Coordinators with personal insights and tips from experienced industry professionals. Take advantage of these specially selected topics to exponentially improve your performance and enjoyment in this exciting profession.
Each program will begin with networking and consist of a two-hour presentation. The four programs will cover the SMPS Six Domains of Practice, including:
- Program 1 (10/22) – SOQ/Proposals – Best Practices (Domain 4 – SOQ/Proposals) | Speaker Caroline Brogan, CPSM, Senior Associate, FGM Architects
- Program 2 (10/29) – Welcome to the AEC Industry! Everything about our Industry that You Didn’t Learn in College | Speaker Caroline Mandelin, CPSM, Project Development Manager, Mortenson Construction
- Program 3 (11/5) – Social Media/PR (Domain 5 – Promotional Activity) | Speakers Rachel Yeomans, Vice President Account Strategy,Astek Consulting and John Armstrong, Senior Community Manager, Digital Marketing Strategy, SEO, Astek Consulting
- Program 4 (11/12) – Interviews/Research (Domain 1 Marketing Research) | Jacqueline Loewe, Founding Partner at Sheridan Park Consulting
Networking (Domain 3 – Client and Business Development) will be woven through each session with networking ‘basics’ to be taught at the beginning of each program.
Members $125 | Non-Members $200
You will register once for the entire series. Space is limited. Boxed meal will be provided.
Attendees must register by 5:00 pm on October 15.
SMPS Chicago will be Awarding a Scholarship to One Member!
SMPS Chicago’s Executive Committee will serve as the selection committee and will evaluate candidates based on their career goals and commitment to the Chicagoland A/E/C industry. All information submitted by applicants will be kept confidential.
The following criteria will be used to determine the successful applicant:
- Narrative: Explain why you are seeking the SMPS Chicago Marketing Bootcamp Scholarship and how you will use the scholarship to improve your overall marketing skill set and effectively make an impact in your company (50%)
- Narrative: Describe your long term goals in the A/E/C industry and what leadership role you see yourself playing in your company and SMPS Chicago (50%)
- List your name, current position, employment history and education to date. (A current resume may be attached.)
- List your current years of membership in SMPS Chicago.
- Narratives (one-page maximum for both, minimum 11 point font):
- Describe how you benefit from SMPS membership, explain why you are seeking the SMPS Chicago Marketing Bootcamp scholarship and how it will help improve your skill set.
- Describe your long-term goals in the industry and what role you see yourself playing in SMPS today and in the future.
Applications may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title the application attachment as follows: last name_Bootcamp Scholarship. Or you may mail one (1) hardcopy of your application to Sarah Hill-Matthiesen at Bulley & Andrews, LLC, 1755 West Armitage, Chicago IL 60622.
Scholarship applications will be accepted from current SMPS Chicago Members until October 11, 2013.
Scholarship recipient will be notified on or before October 15, 2013. Scholarship funds will be issued upon proof of registration for the 2013 SMPS Chicago Marketing Bootcamp.